Job Title: Headteacher
Employer: St. Bernadette's Catholic Primary School
Job Type: Leadership
Job Phase: Primary
Application closing date: Wednesday, 25th March 2020 at 12noon
Interview dates: 2nd/3rd April
Position to start: September 2020
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Required for September 2020
Are you an excellent educator?
Have you the leadership qualities to make a real impact?
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of our children?
If so, the governors of St. Bernadette’s are seeking to appoint a Headteacher.
At St. Bernadette’s we can offer:
- Wonderful children who enjoy learning
- A community firmly rooted in our Catholic ethos
- Hard working, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- Supportive governance and real opportunities to develop as a leader
- A genuinely happy and caring place to work
- Strong links with the parish and local community
'The School is a welcoming place for pupils, staff, governors and visitors alike. Good relationships, underpinned by the school’s Catholic ethos, help pupils to develop into well-rounded, caring individuals – a reflection of the school’s motto, ‘Growing together in faith, love and learning’. Ofsted Dec 2016
- A practising Catholic with a strong commitment to enriching the Catholic life of our community
- Vision, innovation and a passion for learning
- Evidence of exceptional leadership of teaching and learning
- Somebody who thrives on responsibility and wants to continue to develop themselves in the role
- The ability to lead and inspire staff
- A willingness to go the ‘extra mile’ for our children and our school
St. Bernadette’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Karen Heapy in the school office.
How to Apply
Application documents are available to download below. Completed applications should be marked for the attention of Mrs K Heapy and returned via email: email@example.com by 12noon on 25th March 2020.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 25th March at 12noon
Short Listing Date: Friday, 27th March
Interview Dates : Thursday & Friday, 2nd & 3rd April 2020
Job Description: Download Document
Person Specification: Download Document
Application Form: Download Document
Equal Opportunities Monitoring: Download Document
Consent to obtain references: Download Document
Rehabilitation of Offenders Disclosure: Download Document
Notes to Applicants: Download Document
St. Bernadette's Catholic Primary School, Church Lane, Shevington, Wigan, WN6 8BD.
Contact Name: Mrs Karen Heapy
Contact Telephone: 01257 401125
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org