Art and Design
“He has given them skill in all kinds of work done by engravers, designers, and weavers of fine linen; blue, purple, and red wool; and other cloth. They are able to do all kinds of work and are skillful designers.” (Exodus 35:35)
- To deliver a curriculum that enables pupils to be creative and reflective in their learning.
- To give children the confidence and resilience to express themselves using a range of media.
- For children to explore a diverse range artists.
- For children to express their views and opinions on artwork, and understand how Art and Design contributes to our culture and history.
- To evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design.
- We follow the AccessArt Pathways, this allows for diverse opportunities that build up skills.
- Skills are outlined in the Art & Design Skill Progression Document.
- Art & Design is blocked throughout the year and taught through Art Weeks.
- Sketchbooks are used from Year 1 onwards and are a space for children to explore and record thoughts, ideas and processes.
- Children learn and apply a range of artistic skills with confidence.
- Children will be confident in selecting and using a range of materials.
- Children will be able to talk about and evaluate creative works using the language of art and design taught through topic vocabulary.
- Art is celebrated as a form of expression and a way to share ideas, experiences and imagination with the school and wider community.