“There are many different languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning.” (1 Corinthians 14:10)
- To use Language Angels scheme of work and resources to offer a relevant, broad and ambitious languages curriculum.
- Excite pupils using a variety of topics and themes.
- Encourage high expectations and excellent standards in foreign language learning.
- Ensure that the foreign language knowledge of pupils progresses within each academic year.
- To teach four key language learning skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing with age-appropriate grammar.
- Enable pupils to use and apply their learning in a variety of contexts, laying down solid foundations for future language learning.
- Develop a bank of reference materials to help children on previous knowledge.
- For pupils to develop a genuine interest and positive curiosity about foreign languages.
- Enable pupils to develop a deeper understanding of other cultures and the world around them.
- For children to become life-long language learners.
- All KS2 children will have access to a high-quality French curriculum using the Language Angels scheme of work and resources.
- Children will engage in a weekly lesson.
- Children will use and apply a growing bank of vocabulary, language skills and grammatical knowledge.
- Different levels of challenge will be used to build knowledge at the appropriate level.
- Children will be taught how to listen and read text and they will have ample opportunities to speak, listen to, read and write the language being taught.
- Children will build on previous knowledge gradually as their foreign language lessons continue to recycle, revise and consolidate previously learnt language whilst building on all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Knowledge and awareness of required and appropriate grammar concepts will be taught discreetly throughout all units at all levels of challenge.
- Pupils learning and progression will be assessed at the end of each unit with each skill being assessed twice each academic year.
- Assessment information will allow targeted teaching for each child.
- Children will be able to create pieces of spoken and written language.
- Children will continuously build on their previous knowledge as they progress in their French learning journey.
- Teachers will have a clear overview of each child’s achievements.