Our GIFT (Growing In Faith Together) Chaplaincy Team work very hard to promote the word of God in our school community. We are learning lots of new ways act as faith leaders and to reach out to the school and wider parish community.
Why do we need a GIFT Team?
The primary purpose of our GIFT Team is to promote the Gospel values in school and the wider community, and inspire other children in their faith journey.
Throughout the year, the team leads Worship throughout the school and supports school-community ventures – they take an active part in our school life, promoting our school values.
They meet with Mrs Canavan at lunch times to prepare for upcoming events in the liturgical year and to evaluate and promote the Catholic life and mission of our school. Some events that they have played an active role in, in recent years include:
- Planning Live Simply events, when working towards our Live Simply award;
- Meeting with other service teams from our cluster group of primary schools for retreat days;
- Planning and organising Lenten markets, raising money for CAFOD;
- Planning and delivering a collective worship assembly about The Brick food bank, to raise awareness before the school collected items for the charity;
- Leading collective worship in classes;
- Working closely with our pupil council to gather the views of other children in school and plan termly ‘COLOUR’ days, where we focus on our mission;
- Developing prayer spaces around school, where children can take a moment of reflection during their busy days.
- Hanging remembrance art on a local tree whilst taking time for reflection at the Shevington cenotaph on Remembrance Day.